Unicontin-E 400Mg Tablet Cr is prescribed for the treatment of airway blockage that may occur as a result of various lung conditions like bronchitis, asthma or emphysema. The drug may also be helpful in the treatment of other health condition as advised by your doctor. The drug is known to be a xanthine derivative. Therefore, it functions by effectively relaxing the muscles of the air passages in the lungs. This in turn widens the passages making it easier for you to breathe. Moreover, the drug also makes the diaphragm stronger and the airways resistant to irritants.
Before you start taking the drug, here are a few things that you should inform your doctor about-
- ensure that your doctor knows if you are pregnant. It is best to inform him beforehand if you are trying to conceive as well.
- provide him with a list of all the medicines that you are taking. Include all prescribed, non-prescribed as well as herbal drugs that you are presently taking.
- provide him with a list of allergies to any food items or drugs that you are aware of.
- Tell him if you currently have an ulcer, infection or fever.
- make sure to tell him if you smoke or take marijuana.
Certain foods affect the functioning of Unicontin-E 400Mg Tablet Cr. Thus before you start the drug discuss with your doctor about any foods that you should avoid. Do not make any dietary changes before consulting your doctor. In case you forget to take a dose of the medicine, just skip it and return to your normal schedule. It is best that you avoid taking 2 doses of the medicine at one go.