Each tablet contains the active ingredients ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate. Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) is a nutritional supplement. Asvit tablets are for oral administration and are intended for the prevention of scurvy or for use where vitamin C deficiency might be expected.
Asvit is used to prevent or treat low levels of vitamin C in people who do not get enough of the vitamin from their diets. Most people who eat a normal diet do not need extra ascorbic acid. Low levels of vitamin C can result in a condition called scurvy. Scurvy may cause symptoms such as rash, muscle weakness, joint pain, tiredness, or tooth loss. Vitamin C plays an important role in the body. It is needed to maintain the health of skin, cartilage, teeth, bone, and blood vessels. It is also used to protect your body’s cells from damage. It is known as an antioxidant.
Direction to Use
- Take this vitamin by mouth with or without food, usually 1 to 2 times daily.
- Follow all directions on the product package, or take as directed by your doctor.
- Chew the tablets before swallowing.
- Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Use this vitamin regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time(s) each day. If you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.